• Retailer login
  •  

    Felina_Logo_black

    Has been an

    expert for lingerie

    since 1885

    Today

    Founded over 133 years ago, FELINA has developed from a small corset factory to a global lingerie enterprise. Now active in over 50 countries worldwide, FELINA has its own distribution companies throughout Europe. The women’s lingerie collections are created at the brand’s design centre in Mannheim. In 2015, FELINA International AG was taken over by the Palero Group. Together with the new owner, the brand’s strengths are being built up and the success story of FELINA continued with its focus on the best materials, high quality production and perfect fit for that legendary
    FELINA comfort factor. The ranges include clean, modern lingerie for everyday needs, sensual lingerie accented with lace and embroidery, and functional shape wear. Since June 2017 Felina International is part of European Lingerie Group ELG, one of the most important intimate apparel lace and fabric producers under the brand name LAUMA. Our brands FELINA and CONTURELLE are available worldwide.

    2000s

    FELINA goes international – through activities in North America, Scandinavia, the United Arab Emirates and Russia. Production in the company’s own factories in Hungary guarantees the highest quality standards and social responsibility for all employees. Some 6,500 retailers and 1,000 employees across the globe – 130 based in Mannheim – belong to the international FELINA family.

    90s

    In the 90s, bodies and lingerie become articles of fashion. The trend towards body accentuating cuts and deeper necklines contribute to this, but there’s another important factor: there are more and more young women with large busts proud of their curves and their beautiful cleavages. In addition to fashion looks – from sporty to extravagantly decorated models – customers are placing greater value on a well-fitting bra. This is precisely FELINA’s strength.

    80s

    A Swiss investment group takes over FELINA in 1981 and establishes FELINA INTERNATIONAL AG in Wettingen near Zürich. FELINA GmbH is a 100% subsidiary. Production takes place in the company’s own factories in Hungary and Poland.

    70s

    FELINA invests in love and romantics. In line with the era’s biggest blockbuster film “Love Story,” FELINA develops the Love Story bra which comes with an exclusive gift tag. Even today, the film is still one of the most profitable of all times – and FELINA too is just as delicate and seductive as it was then.

    60s

    The lingerie industry in West Germany experiences a huge upswing at the beginning of the 60s. It has over 25,000 employees – 2,000 at FELINA alone. The miracle fibre Lycra, the first tights and the mini skirt are permanent features in the fashion industry. FELINA is set on an expansion course. The company celebrates its 75th anniversary and offers its customers over 250 models to choose from.

    50s

    It is the era of the economic miracle. After the war, FELINA also embraces the spirit of optimism. But not just in Germany. FELINA‘s attraction grows internationally and by the end of the 50s, the company is already exporting to over 50 countries!

    30s & 40s

    The businessman Richard Greiling takes over the company from the Jewish founding family Herbst, who are forced to leave the country in 1936 under the growing pressure of persecution. The company survives the upheaval of war and currency reform in a financially healthy state, despite the destruction of the production factories towards the end of the war.

    20s

    The 20s are also the golden years for FELINA. By the end of the 20s, the company has 660 employees and everyone’s talking about FELINA lingerie.

    1917

    The products from the Mannheim-based company are great hits. This success now has a name. FELINA with its feline allusions becomes the official company name.

    1890s

    The demand for the new and attractive products is so large after five years that the company expands and moves to Mannheim, which has remained the company’s headquarters to this day.

    1885

    Eugen J. Herbst lays the foundations for the company’s history when he establishes a corset factory in Bad Rappenau with some 10 employees. This is an innovation in Germany, because till then, corsets primarily came from France.